Last updated 5 August 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at MyMahi, operated by Kintal Apps Limited (“company“, “we“, “us“, or “our“). We take your privacy very seriously, and are committed to protecting your personal information.
If you wish to seek further information about your rights under New Zealand privacy law, namely the Privacy Act 2020, see www.privacy.org.nz.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information that we collect from you includes your:
- contact details, such as address, email address and phone number;
- photograph, if you choose to upload one;
- security data in relation to the Platform;
- account details for any third-party account provider which you link your MyMahi account with; and
- device and usage information.
Device and usage information may include your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Platform and other technical information.
We collect this information so that we can set up and maintain your account on the Platform. If you do not provide it, you will not be able to create an account on the Platform.
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
You disclose it to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering your MyMahi account, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, participating in activities on the Platform (such as posting messages in our online forums or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
It is collected from your school
When you register to use MyMahi, you agree that your school may provide information about you to us.
It is automatically collected
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Platform. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Platform, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you;
- send information and updates to you;
- facilitate your account creation and logon process;
- protect the Platform, including the monitoring and prevention of fraud;
- enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
- respond to legal requests;
- evaluate and improve our services; and
- any other purpose authorised by you.
4. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
Your personal information – information that could identify you – is shared only:
- with our staff, who need to have access to your personal information so that we can provide our services to you;
- with your school, and any other person authorised by you;
- if disclosure is required by the Privacy Act 2020 or any other law.
Anonymised statistical information – which does not identify you – may be shared with third parties who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts
We will never sell your personal information to anyone.
5. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR THIRD-PARTY LOGINS?
Our Platform offers you the ability to register and login using the details of some third-party account providers (like Google or Microsoft). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your account provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the account provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
6. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Should you request to terminate your account with us, we will deactivate your account and take reasonable steps to delete your personal information from our active databases.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, modification, or unauthorised access, use and disclosure. These steps include implementation of appropriate technical and organisational security measures such as confidentiality obligations imposed on our staff and service providers, and the use of security measures for computer system access.
Please also remember, however, that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Platform is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to have it corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us.
In many cases, you can correct the personal information we hold about you simply by logging on to the Platform and updating your user account information under account settings.
10. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
11. CONTACT US
If you have questions or comments about this policy, or have any general questions or comments, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Kintal Apps Ltd
4 Joseph Street
Palmerston North 4412